Materials that can be used with our machines
CO2 Laser Cutters/Engravers
All our CO2 Laser Cutters/Engravers can work with the following materials as long as it can fit in your machine and does not exceed the maximum cutting thickness of your machine.
Cutting & Engraving
- Mylar (Non-ABS) / PETG (used for stencils)
- Magnetic sheet
- Rubber (non-chlorine)
- Thin Teflon
Engraving Only (cannot be cut)
- Anodised Aluminium
- Painted Metals/Enamel
- Ceramic Tile, Stone, Marble, Granite, Soapstone, Onyx.
- Dry Moly Spray can be applied to stainless steel, brass, aluminum, copper or nickel before being engraved on. This leaves a permanent dark black mark.
- Pocket knives (handles/blades)
- Enamel plates/mugs "Afrikaans - blik borde/bekers"
- Anodised aluminium tags "dog tags"
- Anodised aluminium bottles/flasks
- Bamboo notebooks, pencils, pens, USB flash drives, watches
The following materials should not be used with CO2 Laser Cutters/Engravers as it melts, is dangerous to your health (toxic fumes) and cause damage to your machine. Stampology (Pty) Ltd t/a Focal Tech does not take any responsibility for any damage or injuries caused by the use of the following materials:
- Vinyl/PVC/Artificial leather
- Most Plastics/ABS
- Polystyrene/Polypropylene foam
- Coated Carbon Fiber
The following materials can be used with vinyl cutters:
- Most Fabrics
- Vinyl/HTV Vinyl
- Paper/Carton/Crepe Paper/ Tissue Paper
- Aluminum Foil
Flatbed Heat Presses
- Flatbed heat presses can be used together with vinyl cutters to transfer images onto cotton, polyester, nylon and even leather.
- This process should not be confused with sublimation printing as no ink is used during this process. We unfortunately do not sell sublimation products.
- A special heat transfer vinyl (HTV) must be used with our vinyl cutters to transfer images onto T-Shirts with a heat press.
Flatbed UV Printers
- Plastic: Acrylic, ABS, PVC, PP, PE, PU, etc.
- Leather: PVC Leather, PU Leather, Real and Artificial Leather.
- Metal: Gold, Silver, Copper, Iron, Stainless Steel, Aluminum
- Others: Wood/MDF, Bamboo, Crystal, Glass, Ceramic, Stone
- Phone Casing Printing, Bottles, Golf Balls, Pens
- These printers should not be confused with Direct-to-Garment Printers.